I read an article regarding the importance of protecting your smart phone. It had some good information and tips. I thought i’ll share. According to the article stealing someone’s phone could be a bigger jackpot than stealing someone’s wallet. When our phones became “smart,” thieves got smarter too. Below are the following things that were suggested to do that can help protect yourself.
- Start by using the security measures built on to your phone. Use the lock feature with a personal identification number (PIN) to make access more difficult.
- Shield the phone keypad like you would an ATM pad when entering personal information or accessing online apps. Log out of applications when you are finished.
- Make sure you backup information regularly to your computer or to online.
- Consider installing a tracking app that could help locate it with GPS
- Turn off your phone when you aren’t using it.
- Talk to your phone representative about additional products and services that are unique to your phone for added protection.
- Permanently remove personal and sensitive information.